Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sandokan

SANDOKAN is a character in a fictional series by Italian author Emilio Salgari. Sandokan was also a popular six part mini-series which began in 1976. Played by Indian actor Kabir Bedi, the protagonist was a warrior who lead a band of rebel pirates throughout Malaysia as the Tigers of Mompracem.

This television series was watched by many young Italians growing up during my generation with Kabir Bedi, much loved actor and admired.

Thanks to my Balkan host Francesco, for introducing to me, some Malaysian culture in Italy!



UPDATE: A comment that Francesco left on my couchsurfing profile!

"Katrina is the daughter of Sandokan, the tiger of Malaysia! She was always around in the forest, fighting against fierce animals. Oh, it was great seeing her blocking just with hands the cruel dog of my neighbours.
She was perfectly integrated in my surreal life, and in few hours she has become the host, and i was the guest! Wonderful!
It's incredible, and i can't undertand how was possible, but i was a little bit sad when she left...Ciao Katrina, ."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home