Wednesday, February 6, 2013

kleejourneys at the SPCA

Petfinder  is an online resource to find a pet to adopt, be it a cat, dog, rabbit or rodent. However, when looking at the photos of these animals up on the website, I am generally appalled at the quality of them. How does a rescue operation expect to get their dogs adopted when the first impression of a potential owner of the animal is an out of focus image of their ass? First impressions do matter I must say.

So in my efforts to make some kind of difference with my photo skills,  I decided to volunteer for the SPCA in Montreal as a member of their Petfinder team. If I could have it my way, I would spend all my volunteer hours making full use of my photography expertise, and taking the amount of time needed to shoot the animals, best when they are relaxed and at ease with me. As it turns out, 70% of the SPCA volunteer job is administrative and 30% related to photography. It's no wonder that somewhere along the line, image quality is compromised.

However, let's hope that this volunteer is able to find the happy medium between getting good images up online and doing in-house administrative chores to get these animals into a new home with a better future.

Here is my first contribution...



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home