Monday, February 2, 2009

In memory of Chris Howard

DSC_4014

In the last week, memories of my days in the film business have been awaken. Today I am again brought back to those days but sadly, through the discovery of the recent accident and passing of one of my favorite crew members and friend Chris Howard.

The film industry is an exciting business, but also one that is harsh with many emotional highs and lows. To survive, I had to grow a thick skin. But sometimes when those layers wore down, it was the support and kindness from people like Chris who made it possible for me to work a show until the end without falling apart.

Thank you Chris for your smiling face, positive energy and patience with my neverending senseless AD demands on "Bride of Chucky", "Dirty Work" and "Bulletproof Monk". My thoughts are with you and your family.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina —

It was so nice to read your post this morning. I follow your blog regularly (as you know). My partner was very close to Chris as he had worked as an electric exclusively with him for the past year. Chris's sudden unexpected death has been shocking and confusing for him. We had the opportunity to visit Chris this past Saturday at the hospital. It is comforting for me to know how we are all still connected, despite distances. Thank you for your tribute post.

February 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Katrina Lee said...

It was also a shock to me and really put some perspective into life. Yes, we are still very much connected even after being away from film for so long. I would have like to pay my respects too. This is one of those times where I wish I was not in Denmark.

February 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Howard was my cousin. He was the ring bearer at my parents wedding. He was dearly admired by my parents, and was visited on almost all of their trips back to the Toronto region. I am the youngest of our entire 'cousin generation' originated from a family of 9 siblings(including his mother and my father). I unfortunately, was too young to remember our too few interactions together as a child. However as an adult, all I know is, I have never felt my father's pain as much as I have today when he called to give me the tragic news. The Chinnery Family sends out all our Love and Prayers to Chris' Family and Friends.

February 4, 2009 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger Katrina Lee said...

Thank you very much for sharing your family story. It is extremely touching to see how many people have come together during this unfortunate time. A real true indication of how much Chris gave to his friends, family or even acquaintances.

February 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home