Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm sleeping, stop shaking me

P1050108

I was awaken early this morning to a low key rumble which then turned into a constant building shake and rattle lasting for what felt like a long time. Was I dreaming? Has King Kong arrived to Copenhagen?

There was an earthquake this morning at 6:20am, the epicenter located 65 kilometers east of Malmö in the Scania region of Sweden, with Copenhagen and other parts of Zealand, Denmark also feeling the effects. The US Geological Survey has recorded the earthquake to measure 4.7 on the Richter scale, not that high in comparison to other quakes, but nevertheless, the strongest in Sweden since 1904 and the first earthquake in Denmark since 1985.

Hmm...time to reconsider my longterm plans for Denmark.

Technical details from the US Geological Survey here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home