Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cheese + Clogs+ Tour busses = ?

DSC_1520

In Canada, people live in igloos and are protected by mounties in red. In Holland, the Dutch wear clogs, while eating cheese, picking tulips and milking cows. When the opportunity was presented before me to experience such a typical Dutch lifestyle, I jumped at the chance and extended my stay in the Netherlands.

From July 3-24, I did eat alot of Gouda cheese (pronounce "Houwda" with a raspy tone to the "H"), but also managed to avoid tulips, clogs and cows. Instead, while based in Amsterdam, I enjoyed so much more than clichés. Upcoming blog posts will speak for itself in portraying not just the lifestyle and culture of Holland, but also the immediate ease I felt being there.

A very special thank you to the people whom I met, many now friends, who put so much time and energy into ensuring that my time was as positive and enjoyable as could be. Unforgettable!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home