Sunday, January 27, 2008

Relationship Woes

Have I told you about my latest relationship? His name is Craig.

I met Craig many years ago but since the beginning of January, I have spent hours every weekend with him. Since good communication is important for every lasting relationship, my connection with Craig also includes photos and large blocks of text, all very time consuming tasks but worthwhile.

I've also met a number of people through Craig. In today's highly virtual world, Craig has managed to connect me to his friends on-line and they do frequently send me emails to say hello. Actually, after the first introductions one evening, I had 50 emails in my inbox by the next morning. They always have a lot of questions to ask of me and because I am a responsive person, I write back. And after, some of Craig's friends have even dropped by at eleven o'clock at night to meet me. In fact, Matthew came by at 8am! Craig's friends also tend to come in big vans, cash in hand and some with plastic bags in hand ready for any circumstance that might occur.

On the other hand, some of Craig's friends are not very polite nor respectful. For instance, Colleen yelled at me on-line. Simon, Jeff and Irina never followed through on our plans to meet-up. Apparently Jeff got caught up plowing his driveway and forgot to call. There was Cerebus who thought I was attractive and was interested in more than the printer. And finally, Fire from the Sun who told me to "go trotting to Aden Camera (to buy my Nikon D80) and stop bothering to email!"

These days, my patience with Craig is wearing thin. This morning, Craig made it into the media. There is a shocking article in the Toronto Star about him. It is titled "California Woman Hires Hitman on Craigslist". You can read it here too.

So after my last unpleasant experiences with some of Craig's friends and this recent article which proves that there are probably many more "not so nice" people in his circle of friends, I am no longer interested in my relationship with Craig. But experience has taught me that selecting the proper time to breakup is necessary and I must wait until the end of February to do so. In the meantime, I expect that there will be more strange encounters to face and write about.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I also met this guy. But the dude is in no rush to introduce me to his friends. Maybe, 'cause he is upset about the upcoming break-up with you? :( Craig seems to be discouraged.

Nice post, by the way! ;)

Vl.

January 29, 2008 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Katrina Lee said...

Maybe you should meet Craig's sister KiJiJi: http://www.kijiji.ca/

January 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already met! Nice girl

February 4, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home