Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1, 2008

Well, New Years is here again.

Based upon Wikipedia, today's free and popular, but maybe not so reliable online resource, a "New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a often a lifestyle that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved."

Perhaps my life would be different today if I believed in making a list of New Year's Resolutions. Would I be the perfect person if I spent more time with family, vowed to quit bad habits or help those in need, as listed in the Top Ten New Year's Resolutions.

But seeing that I am not perfect, nor choose to be, and that New Year Resolutions are not solutions, but instead more or less a road to self-disappointment, I struggle to make such a pressuring list for my life. Instead, I welcome 2008 first with a reflection of 2007

In 2007, I, (not in any particular order)

Rediscovered my passion for photography ---- Dedicated my 5-9pm life to Architecture for Humanity Toronto and loved it ---- Experienced alleys, tiny apartments and Gaudi in Barcelona ---- Kayaked in the Copenhagen canals and fell asleep in the Assistens Kirkegard Cemetery again ---- Lived for the moment in Stockholm ---- Pushed my values of love to a new limit ----Joined the Couchsurfing network where travelers arrived as strangers and some left as friends ---- Saw Toronto with traveler's eyes ---- Experienced rain and ferry rides in British Columbia ---- Reconnected with a good old friend ---- Quit my job ---- Decided to move to Denmark ---- Made plans for a motorcycle and backpacking journey through Western Europe ---- Sold over 60% of my belongings ---- Learned the hard way not to bike after a snow storm ---- Had the most intimate and distant friendship of my life so far ---- Realized that personal health comes first and not to be taken for granted.

Well 2008 is here and the churning in my stomach indicates this day as a pivotal point in my life. My upcoming departure from Canada for a new and exciting journey will be the biggest life change for me since moving from home at 17 years. Kleejourneys will grow immeasurably as I embrace it with all my heart, mind and soul.




Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home