Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Vancouver

Flying across the country today to Vancouver. I'm excited to see the ocean and mountains and be away from the smog of Toronto. I've only been to Canada's West coast twice, once when I was a kid and recently for work in April 2006. Here are some photos from the last trip.

I'm told that there are alot of grey skies and rainy days in Vancouver.

Vancouver Grousse Mountain

Vancouver

I have not yet experienced this.

Vancouver

Well, maybe just a little at Kitsalano Bay.

There are many other reasons to love The West coast such as...

Vancouver

Vancouver White Rocks

What the ocean washes up

Vancouver

Or what you can see through the buildings on Robson St.

Vancouver

Lynn Canyon North Vancouver

According to Margo my work collegue, the theory of the Tall Tree Syndrome is that the immense size and intensity of nature reminds us that we are small in the grand scheme of things. It is the reason why west coasters are innately laid back and relaxed. It's time for me to find some tall trees.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what about that old laid back geezer in Stanley Park?? Yes, it's time to find some tall trees.

August 30, 2007 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina,
Wonderful blog and photos - I am thrilled to follow your journey. Thank you so much for sharing. And I hope you see some sun diamonds too - the magical swathe of light dancing on the ocean as you look towards the sun. Drink in that salty air and may the tall trees talk to you!
Warmest,
Margot

August 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Katrina Lee said...

Just checked, the old geezer is still there, same suit and all.

August 31, 2007 at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home